pleasant hearth up and burning!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've written GHP customer service to see if this is a doc error. If not, based on the new hearth requirements I would recommend folks look for similar stoves with just an ember protection only hearth like the PE TN19.
That is in the future, with starting out with no stove, no hearth, and no chimney, it's a spendy project as you know. So I purposely made a bigger hearth and am hoping to move this stove to the shop and purchase a more efficient and nicer looking stove in the next year or 2. But it would be helpful to know I am safe with what I have now.

It's your call. Your hearth construction sounds good and excedes the 2011 requirement for this stove. If you are only finding it getting warm to the touch, then it could be fine.

begreen, post: 1777429, member: 5"]It's your call. Your hearth construction sounds good and excedes the 2011 requirement for this stove. If you are only finding it getting warm to the touch, then it could be fine.
Yes I understand your not going to be the.judge in that one, but once again I appreciate your effort to help. Also, underneath the marble, durock, and 3/4 plywood, there is about 11" inches of air space between the subfloor and plywood minus the 5, 2x12s spaced 12" apart, framed vertically to give the raised effect, is air space worth anything? Maybe I should quit worrying.::-)

The air space doesn't mean much in this case because the nearest combustible is the 3/4" plywood.

Status
Not open for further replies.