Please Ease My Mind - Is This Install Correct?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
That's a good improvement and a good dealer for making things right. Technically the support box is high enough to avoid insulation overflow into it, but over time the risk increases because no one knows what will happen in the future. Without a cover, bees or rodents can make a nest, a roofer can drop debris into it, etc.

Looks good to me. Interesting that they have 2 more rows of shingles on the flashing. Should be fine.

Do you have singlewall or double wall going up to the ceiling? If singlewall, is the pipe screwed with self tapping screws?

Looks good to me. Interesting that they have 2 more rows of shingles on the flashing. Should be fine.

Do you have singlewall or double wall going up to the ceiling? If singlewall, is the pipe screwed with self tapping screws?
I kind of thought that was "different" as well with the shingles, I suppose it does hide the flashing more? Maybe that's what he was going for?

It is double wall going from the stove to the cathedral ceiling, then it is triple wall they said from the attic to the top.

I did notice that the double wall inside the room did not have self tapping screws, though it was a twist lock. I put in three screws near the ceiling box for good measure/safety.