please help me pick a stove......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tobaccogrower

Jan 9, 2010
Suffield Ct
my dutchwest needs a severe overhaul due to the refractory material falling apart after 2 seasons and the back part of the stove is also falling apart. not waranteed because dealer claims VC sold out to some overseas company. i hated that stove so its time for somthing new!

i have a 2 story farm house about 1300sf with a addition off the east end thats heated by our gas stove. the stove room is smack dab in the center of the house with the staircase also in that room.

right now we have a old VC knock-off castiron,no firebrick cant feed it fast enough pos that does a super job of heating the space but needs to be fed every couple hours and is smokey as all heck if i chock it down to conserve wood. i'm leaning twords a blaze king princess because all the praise on here and the long burn times. i really dont care if i can get a 20 hour burn but want a stove i dont have to spend a hour every morning relighting it.

we have an interior chimney that i just had a ss 6inch liner installed last season. i have great draft.

the blaze king is nice(and pricy) but i'm open to all suggestions. i really want somthing thats easy to get going and operate. somthing my dutchwest neverburn and VC knockoff are not! thanks in advance!!

If you don't mind the looks, you can't beat BK for performance. It's well suited for your smaller space, as I think any non-cat stuffed full enough for all-night burns (no relighting in the morning) is going to provide way too much heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.