please help me , yes i have a problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmountvernon

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2011
SE Mass
i dont NEED another pellet stove but im going to look at a used harman xxv tomorrow for 1500 sound like a steal

It is pellets you acquire like a good little piggy, not stoves.

One addiction at a time %-P

I'm kicking myself because I found a used Harman Accentra insert for $2K including a ton of pellets the week after I pulled the trigger on a Mt. Vernon AE.

John97 said:
I'm kicking myself because I found a used Harman Accentra insert for $2K including a ton of pellets the week after I pulled the trigger on a Mt. Vernon AE.
thats how it goes john. same here m55cast new for 2500 but i still tried to buy it but was sold

SmokeyTheBear said:
It is pellets you acquire like a good little piggy, not stoves.

One addiction at a time %-P

im still on that, (edit secrets). im gonna get more pellets at 50% off :)

oldmountvernon said:
John97 said:
thats how it goes john. same here m55cast new for 2500 but i still tried to buy it but was sold

I'm trying to make myself feel better by reminding myself that the new one comes with a warranty and I don't have to install it myself.

John97 said:
oldmountvernon said:
John97 said:

I'm trying to make myself feel better by reminding myself that the new one comes with a warranty and I don't have to install it myself.

you will, i did :) Mt Vernon is a beautiful stove you wont regret it

Maybe there really is something wrong with me too...

My insert won't be installed until next month and I am already looking at the vacant chimney flue from the old oil heater that used to be here. It would be easy to put a nice freestanding stove downstairs since we are going to make that room into an office and I'd also be able to heat the downstairs better.

This could be bad....

Or good, depending upon point of view.

John97 said:

My insert won't be installed until next month and I am already looking at the vacant chimney flue from the old oil heater that used to be here. It would be easy to put a nice freestanding stove downstairs since we are going to make that room into an office and I'd also be able to heat the downstairs better.

This could be bad....

Nope. Its Good. Keep telling yourself that... Works for me!!!

As long as I stay under $4,000 a yr for my purchases, I am still in the good. Thats about what we paid in LP every yr. So the Fahrenheit and the Englander 30 are still paid for, before season started ($4,000 saved from last year )

You dont want another stove! You NEED another stove!!! LoL. :)

DexterDay said:
John97 said:

This could be bad....

As long as I stay under $4,000 a yr for my purchases, I am still in the good. Thats about what we paid in LP every yr. So the Fahrenheit and the Englander 30 are still paid for, before season started ($4,000 saved from last year )

Says the forums biggest "ENABLER" :roll:

Eatonpcat said:
DexterDay said:
John97 said:

This could be bad....

Says the forums biggest "ENABLER" :roll:

;-P

Yes a second stove would be nice
would have to find a Harman used though
I only have 1000 dollars in my setup
paid for itself the first year
want to add one to the guest house/inlaw suite
thought about a window unit, not sold on them yet
decisions decisions
not like I'm going to run out of pellets anytime soon

oldmountvernon said:
i dont NEED another pellet stove but im going to look at a used harman xxv tomorrow for 1500 sound like a steal

Well, Honestly there isn't any help for you or anyone of us. No cure AFAIK. Just minor relief once you buy some pellets or another stove. You won't be happy unless your stash is over full or down to your very last nickle! Even then you will be looking to trade it for a hand full of pellets!

I usually down a few brews to ease some of the pain, But if you swallow too many? You'll regret that too! ;-)

DexterDay said:
smoke show said:
you do feel more complete with a second stove. :smirk:

And a 3rd.... And a 4th..... :)

Next year it will be stove #2 in the bonus room - an Enviro Mini (at least that what it will be as of today).

Next up will be the chicken coop. Gotta' keep the egg production up in the winter months too!!!

BradH70 said:
DexterDay said:
smoke show said:

Next year it will be stove #2 in the bonus room - an Enviro Mini (at least that what it will be as of today).

Next up will be the chicken coop. Gotta' keep the egg production up in the winter months too!!!

Gotta keep the chicken poop warm in the chicken coop!! :)

oldmountvernon said:

I'm always looking for used stoves. However, I think encourage my friends to buy them instead of me. Haha.

I found a used Quad Mt Vernon AE with pipe and a beautiful tile hearth pad for 1100 bucks out the door. Thought that was a hell of a deal.

1500 for an XXV is also a steal. Bring 1200 cash and see what they say. ;-)

Eatonpcat said:
BradH70 said:
DexterDay said:
smoke show said:

Gotta keep the chicken poop warm in the chicken coop!! :)

Get that litter deep enough and no need to keep it warm, it is self warming.

Status
Not open for further replies.