Please help!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JCoxBuilder

Nov 3, 2017
Whitefield
Please help -

I own a Harman P68 pellet stove. I fired it up last night and I noticed what sounds like a low hum. It isn’t constant but it happens every minute or so for 10 seconds. I believe it’s coming from the combustion motor because when it makes that sound and I put pressure on the back of the motor it stops or at least gets quieter. The motor also sounds a little grizzly when it spins. I NEED to fix this ASAP and am going to take it upon myself to do.

My question is, is this what happens when a combustion motor starts to go on the Fritz and how hard is it to replace? It looks easy.

Please help and offer any advice!! PS just did a deep clean

Last edited:
It's not a hard job, but the fan blade is sometimes difficult to remove from the front of the stove. The blade is very flimsy and can be bent easily. I would remove the set screw (if you can) and try and take it off. If it doesn't come right off, I would give it a shot of PB Blaster and let if set. Try removing later. Most people that replace the combustion fan have to replace the fan blade because they bent it when taking it off.

Reactions: ABusWrench