Please Help!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

queenbcrout

Apr 3, 2021
montour falls, ny
I ordered a Harmon XXV-TC and had it installed November of 2019 and have had nothing but issues with it. My newest issue is it will not shut off. I have the temp set at 65 and it is now almost 80 in the room. Yesterday after watching several you tube videos, I took the back panel off and cleaned the Exhaust sensing probe(ESP) and I thought I had fixed my newest issue. The stove ran the way it was suppose to up until this afternoon. It is now doing the same thing and will not shut down. I thought I had invested in a nice stove but this is about the 5th issue I have had.
I fixed the last issue by downloading the newest update on the thumb drive. It now shows a new update and when i download that onto the drive and put it in the stove it says there is no update. It is so frustrating! I spent alot of money on this stove and wish I had not.
If anyone has any thoughts I would love to hear them. Thank you in advance!
Brenda

when u started back up, did it feed new pellets then ignite? and is it on room manual mode?
yes. I had scooped all of the pellets out so the stove would go out, then I unplugged it for an hour. I put new pellets in and plugged it back in.
I had the temp set at 65 and it went over 75 degrees before running out of pellets and shutting off.

yes. I had scooped all of the pellets out so the stove would go out, then I unplugged it for an hour. I put new pellets in and plugged it back in.
I had the temp set at 65 and it went over 75 degrees before running out of pellets and shutting off.
did "yes" also mean your stove is set on room manual? and if not, what mode are u using...

Ooops, never mind. The XXV-TC is a whole different beast from the XXV.

Have you run self test and are you getting any blink codes?

Last edited:
not sure if she has the wireless remote for temperature..
do these newer techscreen stoves still have the hard wired probe or is it all wireless?

Reactions: jackman
when u started back up, did it feed new pellets then ignite? and is it on room manual mode?
not sure if she has the wireless remote for temperature..
do these newer techscreen stoves still have the hard wired probe or is it all wireless?
I have the wireless sensor. I have put it back to factory settings but I do have the wireless sensor hooked up. It worked great for only one day after I cleaned the Exhaust sensing probe. It just doesnt want to shut down.

I have the wireless sensor. I have put it back to factory settings but I do have the wireless sensor hooked up. It worked great for only one day after I cleaned the Exhaust sensing probe. It just doesnt want to shut down.
are u on room auto or room manual.?

you have the digital screen harman so not familiar with it..
have dial harman that has room auto, room manual, and stove or constant mode..
both manual and stove mode will run till out of pellets..
only room auto will stop and eventually shut off if room temperature is met.

Congratulations....so it just came down to the settings?

Same issue I've been saying for a few years now with the Absolute 63. Harman and my dealer refuse to deal with it.

There are now a few threads on this, all unresolved. I wish Harman would right a wrong here, but don't hold your breath on this one.

Everyone here will, rightfully, ask you to make sure you have followed all cleaning instructions in your manual. Once you exhaust all of these (and you will, I've owned mine for over 4 years and know it inside and out), you will come to realize this is a defect with the programming and there is literally nothing you or your dealer can do to fix it. It will continue to feed at 6% or so and you have to open the hopper to get it to stop feeding. Very frustrating.

Have you tried it without the wireless room sensor.

Have you tried it without the wireless room sensor.
I believe your comment is to the OP but I've tried both. It will be reading 80, for example, on the wireless thermostat and continue to feed at 6%. Similarly, it will read 80 when using the probe in the back of the stove and continue to feed at 6%.

So this problem is just with the touchscreen digital harman model i assume...
Mine is the Absolute 63 which has the touch screen and most of the others that have brought this up are the XXV touch screen version.

There are now a few threads on this, all unresolved. I wish Harman would right a wrong here, but don't hold your breath on this one.

Everyone here will, rightfully, ask you to make sure you have followed all cleaning instructions in your manual. Once you exhaust all of these (and you will, I've owned mine for over 4 years and know it inside and out), you will come to realize this is a defect with the programming and there is literally nothing you or your dealer can do to fix it. It will continue to feed at 6% or so and you have to open the hopper to get it to stop feeding. Very frustrating.

I remember that post. Sounds like there needs to be a firm ware update. Rich2500 mentioned there is an update. Has anyone tried it?

Not to throw water on the fire but so glad i stuck with older style non touchscreen controlled harman's. Wonder if people are given choice at dealers or aware that all new harman stoves are Not all touchscreen when they want to buy and get pushed to "latest greatest set it forget it" sales pitch..

Last edited: