Please look at my pics and help estimate how much wood this is

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

samhoff2

Aug 12, 2011
Wyoming
Here's my pile in the backyard, and it's not "even" or "square." Sadly I am selling my house and wood fireplace (* sigh *) and I am including this wood but want to know what it is worth. I think I know what pine is worth per cord (here in Northeast Wyoming) but want to know how much cordage this is. This is something I am terrible at estimating, and I'm sure for several of you pros 20 seconds will give me a great estimate. I took several pictures and put the shovel in for comparison. Thanks in advance! And I'm sorry to be leaving the brotherhood. - Sam
IMG_6722.JPG
IMG_6723.JPG
IMG_6724.JPG
IMG_6725.JPG
IMG_6726.JPG
IMG_6728.JPG

Conservatively 3 chord max

Add like $200.00 for the cost of wood, looking like a cord and a half to two cords tops from this vantage point, good luck with the new place.

2 1/2 - 3 1/2 cords, estimate.

1.5 to 2 cords is my guess

there is more than you think but not
as much as you would like
All go 2 cord

3.5, give or take 0.5
I'd be inclined to give 0.5 vs take
It wouldn't be too hard to calculate the volume of that pile with some measurements
just the uncut logs

Reactions: larryjbjr