Plugging up Selkirk DT during off season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got mine via USPS on Saturday. Got their catalog a few days prior. Dosn't quite look like the one from the pic in the previous post, no reinforcement ribbing on the sides. It looks a little flimsy, but a nice snug fit on my pipe and the price was right!

FOTONATE said:
Got mind via USPS on Saturday. Got their catalog a few days prior. Dosn't quite look like the one from the pic in the previous post, no reinforcement ribbing on the sides. It looks a little flimsy, but a nice snug fit on my pipe and the price was right!

Thats cool!

Hope it works good for a long time.

Got mine the other day, fits OK & snug . Thanks

Hopefully mepellet gets his since he inquired about it.

If ya don't get one mepellet let me know, I might be able to pull some strings.

smoke show said:
Hopefully mepellet gets his since he inquired about it.

If ya don't get one mepellet let me know, I might be able to pull some strings.

Thanks for the kind gesture. I just got mine yesterday. Might give it a try this weekend. Thanks again for the advice everyone!

Mine just slips off.

Maybe a pic so we can see what yours looks like.

mepellet said:
For those who have already tried the caplug, how did you take the termination adapter off? I thought that I could just slip the adapter off but its not moving.

I don't recall if the termination cap has a locking tab? Not home, so I'm not sure. Look all the way around and see if it has one. Pipe will never come off if the tab is pressed in...

With that said, the caplug fit's AWESOME. I wish they made single purchase caps available. Hate not paying for something I'd gladly pay for. Even if they charged 10 bucks to cover the inefficiency of selling in low quantities, that would be better.

Yet another advantage of DT, now you can cap off the OAK and exhaust in one easy step. Might help with the rusty stove syndrome over the summer. Pam cooking spray did help that and I will continue to do so.

lbcynya said:
mepellet said:
For those who have already tried the caplug, how did you take the termination adapter off? I thought that I could just slip the adapter off but its not moving.

I don't recall if the termination cap has a locking tab? Not home, so I'm not sure. Look all the way around and see if it has one. Pipe will never come off if the tab is pressed in...

With that said, the caplug fit's AWESOME. I wish they made single purchase caps available. Hate not paying for something I'd gladly pay for. Even if they charged 10 bucks to cover the inefficiency of selling in low quantities, that would be better.

Yet another advantage of DT, now you can cap off the OAK and exhaust in one easy step. Might help with the rusty stove syndrome over the summer. Pam cooking spray did help that and I will continue to do so.

Alright, I was just being too gentle. I managed to wiggle it off. I did find a tab but luckily the installer did not press it in to lock the termination adapter in place.

I agree lbcynya, I would be more than willing to pay for the cap. It did fit great.

I took pictures anyway because I know everyone likes pictures.....

Attachments

• 2011-11-05_09-42-33_438.jpg
    2011-11-05_09-42-33_438.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 162
  • 2011-11-05_09-43-10_793.jpg
    2011-11-05_09-43-10_793.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 163
  • 2011-11-05_11-33-34_220.jpg
    2011-11-05_11-33-34_220.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 131
  • 2011-11-05_11-34-35_535.jpg
    2011-11-05_11-34-35_535.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 139
thanks! I will order one when I get home after I measure!

Hello

Thanks Guys, I just got my free sample today. The CE-322 CapPlug fit great!

See pics

Attachments

• IMG_1033.JPG
    IMG_1033.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1029.JPG
    IMG_1029.JPG
    179.8 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_1030.JPG
    IMG_1030.JPG
    185.1 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_1031.JPG