PM 3000 burn pot problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beestious

Hearth Supporter
Sep 22, 2009
Conifer,CO
Hiya folks, first post here...
Anyway, I just recently moved into a new house, and I have a titan PM3000 in my basement. First snow hit yesterday, and I went to start it up, and I ran into a few problems I'm hoping someone can help me out with.
First up, I've never used a pellet stove before. I have spent several hours looking up info on here, so I have some idea what I'm doing, but ignorance is bliss, and I've still got a little smile on my face.

The problem I'm having is that the burn pot was rotated down about 30 degrees when I first opened the stove. After some fenangling, I managed to get it upright, and it seemed to be doing fine, but I left for about 2 hours (my wife was home, but i don't think she was clear on what the problem was), and when I got back, the pot had rotated down fully 180 degrees. When it was in the upright position, the auger was working correctly, and the clinker ring was rotating without any problems.
The side tube on the auger wasn't lining up when the auger/burn pot is rotated to the correct position, and I'm wondering if that might be a problem as well.
Its still where it was when I discovered it was messed up... Figured it was better to establish what the problem was before trying to fix it.

thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.