Port McNeill Grad Wood Cut

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbyheater

Minister of Fire
Western Forest Products supplied the Dangle Head Processor, the Hydraulic Grapple, the logs and their Dry-land Sort at no charge to the grad Class of 2012. The wood is sold in the community to raise money for their grad ceremony.
The Dangle Processor did the lion's share of the bucking. The Hydraulic Grapple split a lot of the bigger rounds using its log heel and spread the logs for the men who bucked with saws.
There was a interesting variety of wood splitters. There is even a man siting down at his splitter!

Attachments

• IMGP4284.jpg
    IMGP4284.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 421
  • IMGP4307.jpg
    IMGP4307.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 397
  • IMGP4310.jpg
    IMGP4310.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 421
  • IMGP4320.jpg
    IMGP4320.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 407
  • IMGP4328.jpg
    IMGP4328.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 411
More Grad Wood Cut .

Attachments

• IMGP4336.jpg
    IMGP4336.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 396
  • IMGP4339.jpg
    IMGP4339.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 384
  • IMGP4348.jpg
    IMGP4348.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 398
  • IMGP4349.jpg
    IMGP4349.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 394
HH, that looks like a good time, even in the wet conditions. Thanks for sharing the pics, how much wood do you figure they got cut and split?

More Grad wood Cut .

Attachments

• IMGP4350.jpg
    IMGP4350.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 401
  • IMGP4346.jpg
    IMGP4346.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 380
  • IMGP4342.jpg
    IMGP4342.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 383
  • IMGP4325.jpg
    IMGP4325.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 370
  • IMGP4316.jpg
    IMGP4316.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 373
You can almost smell the wood in those pictures. Good stock of kids up there making it happen!

Scotty Overkill said:
HH, that looks like a good time, even in the wet conditions. Thanks for sharing the pics, how much wood do you figure they got cut and split?

They did 120 pickup loads and ran out of orders. Started at 7:30 and were done by 1:30 .

Good pictures
Rain gear & splitting woo (Yuk). Gotta take the weather MN gives you :)

hobbyheater said:
Scotty Overkill said:

They did in the 120 pickup loads and ran out of orders. Started at 7:30 and were done by 1:30 .
awesome, that's a lot of wood!

[quote author="Scotty Overkill" date="1330842389"awesome, that's a lot of wood![/quote]

The Dangle Head Proccessor made a big difference. It can really buck the rounds in a short time. It made short work of four highway logging truck loads. And in spite of the wet day, the Grads did not hold back.

Attachments

• IMGP4283.jpg
    IMGP4283.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 354
  • IMGP4284.jpg
    IMGP4284.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 365
  • IMGP4287.jpg
    IMGP4287.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 353
  • IMGP4289.jpg
    IMGP4289.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 357
Wow.... A gathering of a Good time

Thanks for the Pics. You have some great pics. Your Community is very noteworthy for coming together.

Always enjoy your pics of Firewood, Logs, and the Machines that process it..

DexterDay said:
Your Community is very noteworthy for coming together.

In spite of the rain it was a lot of fun. The grads did a barbecue under the portable shelter. The batteries in the camera died or there would have been more pictures of the crew eating.

Attachments

• IMGP4339.jpg
    IMGP4339.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 331
That sounds like an excellent way for the grads to make a few dollars. Good for them too for working even in the rain. I doubt it hurt anyone and I'm betting a good time was had by all.

Backwoods Savage said:
That sounds like an excellent way for the grads to make a few dollars. Good for them too for working even in the rain. I doubt it hurt anyone and I'm betting a good time was had by all.

I was thinking of you when I took this picture :exclaim: The operator made this splitter himself and several people have hired him to split their firewood. Says he's already made enough to pay for what it cost him to build.

Attachments

• IMGP4307.jpg
    IMGP4307.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 266
I need a boat and maybe I could get a boat load (ha ha)
Thanks for sharing the pictures

hobbyheater said:
Backwoods Savage said:

I was thinking of you when I took this picture :exclaim: The operator made this splitter himself and several people have hired him to split their firewood. Says he's already made enough to pay for what it cost him to build.

Looks like he did a good job and he is even splitting the right way! Great that he can hire out to do the splitting.

Backwoods Savage said:
Looks like he did a good job and he is even splitting the right way! Great that he can hire out to do the splitting.

The fellow is no spring chicken . I told him about you sitting to split and he said sitting is the only way to split wood :exclaim:

Somehow, I like that man even though we've never met.

Burd said:
I need a boat and maybe I could get a boat load (ha ha)
Thanks for sharing the pictures

For me I prefer wet wood cuts , its to close to the water :exclaim: Should there be a nice breeze there I would rather be on the water :cheese:

Attachments

• IMG_1415B.jpg
    IMG_1415B.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 125
Status
Not open for further replies.