Forum User Hint Possible mobile picture posting tip

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dairyman

Minister of Fire
Nov 15, 2011
Southwest MO
If you're having to select your pictures from a list, try changing your browsers plug-in setting to on demand.

Note: Be sure to refresh your page after changing setting.

Reactions: jeff_t
Awesome.
For android, from browser-Menu>settings>enable plug-ins>on demand. When you tap Upload a File a box will pop up and you tap gallery and it's just like the old forum.
2012-03-02_17-00-49_553.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ScotO and Dairyman
Awesome.
For android, from browser-Menu>settings>enable plug-ins>on demand. When you tap Upload a File a box will pop up and you tap gallery and it's just like the old forum.View attachment 63614

Thanks for the Droid tutorial....Jeff....:)
I think Dexter will dig this tip....

Cool! Thanks for the tip Jeff...picture of some of the maple syrup we made this spring.....

2012-02-24_17-50-57_340.jpg

Upon further investigation, the Optimus S that we have for a 'house phone' works fine with plug-ins set to always on, but my Photon doesn't. Maybe it's a gingerbread vs froyo thing.

Thanks for the Droid tutorial....Jeff....:)
I think Dexter will dig this tip....
Cool! Thanks for the tip Jeff...picture of some of the maple syrup we made this spring.....

Dairyman started it. I'm far from an android geek, so it took me a few minutes to figure out what he was saying. Thought I better share and save y'all the grief.

Reactions: ScotO
TY dairyman......
Gonna test something....

Here is my Gamma camera...2012-03-20_12-30-17_622.jpg

Awesome.
For android, from browser-Menu>settings>enable plug-ins>on demand. When you tap Upload a File a box will pop up and you tap gallery and it's just like the old forum.View attachment 63614

Exactly, thanks for making it easier to understand. My brain was somewhere else this morning.

Reactions: ScotO
One other suggestion. When you attach an image, use the thumbnail option. It really helps reduce scrolling.

Here is an example of the same picture as thumbnail. Click on the image to see full sized. larger.

ale1.jpg

One other suggestion. When you attach an image, use the thumbnail option. It really helps reduce scrolling.

Here is an example of the same picture as thumbnail. Click on the image to see full sized.
Clicking on it does make it bigger but not full sized as purported.

Yes, I see what you mean. I corrected the statement. It makes the image adequately sized for good viewing regardless of your screen size because it scales with the browser window size. That's a nice feature that I didn't know about. If you want to see it full sized, there is a little widget in the upper right that will open it full sized in a new window.

LLigetfa - Agreed

Begreen-
I know that scrolling on some computers can be a pain (depending on mouse, pad, etc). But clicking on the pic and then clicking on the left or right side to scroll through pics, along with closing them out once viewing, is more of a PITA IMO. Most want to see the pics, so you have to take many more steps to view. Rather than scroll.

I've seen it posted before about using thumbnails. But the scrolling seems easier. Having a mouse with a Scroll on it or using a Smartphone make scrolling very short work.

Not trying to go against the grain. I will do as told and use the thumbnails. But my opinion (as little as it may be) is its easier to see big pics and scroll, than to do all the other necessary steps to see pics I am going to view anyways.

Tap or click on image is just as easy as scrolling IMO and I look at a boat load of posts every day.

That syrup looks good Scotty. Was that bottle one to the left of front and center always a syrup bottle?
yeah, I have several of those 'flask' bottles, some of them have a printed log cabin scene with maple trees and buckets on them. Those flip top bottles are nice for canning syrup, but they are expensive. I give out syrup to friends and family on the condition I get the bottle back. Sad thing is, most people throw out the bottle instead of giving them back! I mostly can my syrup in big gallon jugs now, and break out a gallon when I get enough empties back.

Got a new phone, and had to go find this thread to remind me which setting to change.

Should be a sticky.

stick-a-fied

Reactions: ScotO and jeff_t
Cell phone tip: To avoid posting sideways pics, shoot with the phone horizontal, not vertical. Put the home button on the right side. Or take the picture into a computer and rotate it correctly before posting.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrianK and ScotO
Thanks for reviving this thread Jeff.......same problem here. Got my replacement phone several weeks ago and posting pictures was a PITA, forgot all about this thread. Luckily, I was subscribed to it from a long time ago and it popped up on my messages........

Thanks to Pen for 'stickifying' it!

Reactions: jeff_t and pen
Any hints for windows phones? I can't post pics from my phone. Thanks.

When I click upload a file a message pops up saying upload a file with a bar and the word browse. From that point I cannot do anything. I can't type words in the bar and I can't click browse. The screen reacts to my finger touching it, but nothing happens. Cannot browse files, can't even type in a file name. Anyone else use a windows phone on hearth?

for the record: in every other way this phone is awesome. Very happy with windows as a mobile operating system.