Post your indoor wood storage.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
The wood box for 16 inch wood is on casters, has a cover, stores under the table and has doubled as a seat at the kitchen table for little ones.

0DE63D3C-91B8-4CEA-8F19-9B68FB2FB755.jpeg

I work a LOT of hours..I keep a tight schedule in the morning and i dont want to go outside first thing.. I keep enough wood inside to last the entire week...refill the wood box every Sunday..works well for me.

I work a LOT of hours..I keep a tight schedule in the morning and i dont want to go outside first thing.. I keep enough wood inside to last the entire week...refill the wood box every Sunday..works well for me.
Same... In the winter I leave the house before it's light and get back after dark. No way I'm trudging out to the wood shed after work. if I didn't have the whole week's worth stored inside I'd probably just say screw it and turn the thermostat up lol. On the weekend my wife and I team up to get it refilled and it goes pretty fast.

Reactions: Tar12
I don't understand the binary thinking of those of you who think there's no middle ground between "trudging out to the woodshed", and "keeping wood in my living room". As begreen and I already demonstrated, keeping wood on a porch or patio immediately outside your door is one good choice, among others. I fetch wood in my bedroom slippers and PJ's, it's on a covered patio immediately outside my walk-out basement door, where the bugs stay frozen and inactive until loaded into the stove. My wood sheds are 200 - 300 feet from the house.

Reactions: kborndale
I don't understand the binary thinking of those of you who think there's no middle ground between "trudging out to the woodshed", and "keeping wood in my living room". As begreen and I already demonstrated, keeping wood on a porch or patio immediately outside your door is one good choice, among others. I fetch wood in my bedroom slippers and PJ's, it's on a covered patio immediately outside my walk-out basement door, where the bugs stay frozen and inactive until loaded into the stove. My wood sheds are 200 - 300 feet from the house.
I just don't have a good place to keep wood near the house where it won't get snowed on. I like to bring it in that way it stays dry and I don't have to put my shoes on to go get it. For some reason I'm super lazy about filling the wood box next to the stove so I often just go to the back room where my week's stash is and grab an armload.

The way I see it, wood makes the same mess no matter when I bring it inside. Haven't had an issue with bugs.

Reactions: Ashful
I like my wood inside. I like the way it looks and makes me feel good.

Reactions: Ashful
Wood gets tossed in thru the window; rack holds a total of about 1 cord. Fuel is transferred via the blue tub to the stove.

Any bugs pretty much stay in the basement. The flyers go to the window where they are easily removed with a dustbuster. The cats are entertained by the crawlies before dispatching them.

If we had the stove in the main living area we would no doubt do things a bit differently.

woodstorage.jpg

Reactions: TomMcDonald
Wood gets tossed in thru the window; rack holds a total of about 1 cord. Fuel is transferred via the blue tub to the stove.

Any bugs pretty much stay in the basement. The flyers go to the window where they are easily removed with a dustbuster. The cats are entertained by the crawlies before dispatching them.

If we had the stove in the main living area we would no doubt do things a bit differently.

View attachment 313456
not bad but if you try to dry wood like that you will be disappointed

I am fortunate to have had a porch in my last two houses. My current one is enclosed. They make it an easy choice to store a good jag of wood in a rack This one holds 5/8 cord in two tiers. Can then fill the woodbox shown above as needed. I too appreciate that it is slipper friendly.
353AB492-B361-44D4-A18E-2AA041D93F91.jpeg

Reactions: TomMcDonald
I am fortunate to have had a porch in my last two houses. My current one is enclosed. They make it an easy choice to store a good jag of wood in a rack This one holds 5/8 cord in two tiers. Can then fill the woodbox shown above as needed. I too appreciate that it is slipper friendly.
View attachment 313494
Very convenient.

I keep wood on the porch as well...I just choose not to visit the porch through the work week...I keep enough wood on the porch for 2-3 weeks...it works well for me.