I converted my fireplace late last year and installed a small cast iron wood burner on the hearth. I was not happy with the stove and this year purchased a new Regency. I also extended my hearth out 20 inches to insure proper distance from carpeting. Here is my question, please no flaming. My current fireplace has 8” double walled flue pipe for the chimney. During the installation I ran 6” black pipe up 24” inside the 8” pipe inside the fireplace. After reading this forum for a little over a week, it sounds like I should have run a 6” flex pipe through my existing chimney pipe and connect to it my new stove. I have used the stove about a dozen times so far this year and everything seems to work well (great draw, no smoking). Have I created a potential for a fire hazard inside my chimney pipe, or will this installation work? Thanks.