Power outage now pellet stove wont drop pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Nov 5, 2014
NEW JERSEY
I have an original Mt Vernon Quadrafire free standing pellet stove. Not the AE model. We just had a power outage for about 30 minutes. During the outage my pellet stove was running and burning beautifully. Once the power came back on, I restarted it and now cannot get pellets to drop. Everything else seems to be working fine but the auger isnt moving. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Jeff

So you have it plugged into a surge protector or suppressor?

Time for a surge protector no matter if you reset it or not. One voltage spike (which is common after an outage) and your control board will be toast. Running any electronically controlled anything (computer, stove, anything on line power without a in the circuit surge protector is begging for a toast job. Spend the 30 bucks and get one or drop a couple hundred on a new control board or a couple grand on a new computer. Your call but I know what I'd do (and did long ago).

Reactions: Washed-Up and ARC