Power sharp sharpener?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Takes a special chain that is sharpened on the outside of the cutter.

IMO " it's lip-stick on a pig" ;)

Be nice for someone to buy & test one so they could give us a review :)

Has anybody used this Im curious as to how well it actually works and if its even worth it.
http://www.powersharp.com/default_flash.asp

No self sharpening system has really caught on in the past, I don't expect this one to be different. Since it really only applies to relatively small saws, and requires purchasing a new bar and chain, and you can't use your existing chain with it..... I'd say it's far more $$ than it's worth. I'd give one a fair shake in a review if someone wanted to buy me one and send it here. ==c

I think Ill stay away from it I didn't realize I would have to get a new bar and chain that doesn't sound like a good thing.

Waste of money on a consumer-driven gimmick if you ask me.Only works on certain models,nothing over 50cc,actually costs more than a solid machined pro bar/full chisel chain of the same size.

Status
Not open for further replies.