Pre-Heating wood: Jotul on Social Media

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Yes. Pitt's & Spitt's U 2436. Bought for a great price off the classifieds at thesmokering.com in 2009 or so. Pictures on here somewhere, I think.

Reactions: 30WCF
Id like to see it! (The furniture)
P1110587_DxO.jpg

It's in a nook space that was intended for this purpose in the house plans, in the hallway that leads from the great room with the stove back to our master bedroom. Right around the corner from the back door.

This photo is of a particularly nasty load of wood, lots of weird shaped pieces, branches, barky chunks, pitchy chunks, stringy chunks, big knots/joints of the trees. The next week or 2 will be filled with very entertaining burning and complex tetris.

Have the stove pipe propped up tonight for a quick inspection and sweep....
P1110586_DxO.jpg

Last edited:
Yes. Pitt's & Spitt's U 2436. Bought for a great price off the classifieds at thesmokering.com in 2009 or so. Pictures on here somewhere, I think.
I had to google it. That looks like a nice unit. I used to put the wood on the firebox when I had a charbroil offset smoker.
I built a vertical brick smoker about 8 years ago. The box is big enough I just place the wood to warm off to the side and slide it on the coals and then place another in to warm.
Huge difference in bitter harsh tasting smoke.

780ACB64-3FC9-4F71-880B-57DDC3FC20F5.jpeg

3AF9D89E-EEEF-483C-B9E5-E940A758A97A.jpeg

Reactions: PaulOinMA
I have two 48” by 20” woodboxes. 5 ‘ oak slats so we can fill them high. Use from one side and then switch to the other. Pretty sure it helps remove moisture. Load boxes thru the windows off patio.

8C9451D2-3A18-4DF4-B230-13F015F9777E.jpeg

Reactions: 30WCF