Pres-to-logs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DBCOOPER

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jan 23, 2010
Stowe, Pa
Ever heard of them? At the local Lowes pretty cheap. 197.00

f3c99886.jpg

They are Lignetics lower-end pellets. Some people have had decent results with them.

If you get the Lowes "moving coupon" you can get them another 10% off, or $177. Good price for shoulder-season pellets.

I have both the Green Labels and the Presto Logs. Presto's are almost exactly the same (In my Quad). They do look different though. The Pretos are very Dark, Green Labels are lighter. Both give off the same heat output (again, in My Stove). Although the Presto's Ash is darker (darker pellet=darker ash). Green labels on the far wall, on the left, Presto's are the big stack on the left. Or the other pic, looking in the door. Green's on the left. Presto's on the right. Picked them up for $187 ton at HD last year. Green labels were $200 ton.
Some don't like them. For the price and the heat (10 times better than Inferno's) I will buy them ALL day!

Attachments

• crib 1.jpg
    crib 1.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 251
  • Crib 2.jpg
    Crib 2.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 272
  • Crib 3.jpg
    Crib 3.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 251
I burned them in 2008 and 2009. They were good. Seemed to burn fast in my stove, but gave off good heat.
I would buy them again for that price.

I have a choice of them, Stove Chow at Home Depot at the same price or Hamers at $ 220. A lot more effort to get the Hamers but I'm leaning that way...

DBCOOPER said:
I have a choice of them, Stove Chow at Home Depot at the same price or Hamers at $ 220. A lot more effort to get the Hamers but I'm leaning that way...
220. is a great price for hamers .but you could always split your order get a ton of each

Status
Not open for further replies.