Price Charts - May through August 2012

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Triemstra

Aug 31, 2012
Hi all,

I've been working to try to understand retail price swings and put together a price chart based on data that we have collected and data from the great users who have posted in the hearth.com forum here. The following chart is from May through mid-August 2012 and I will try to keep it up-to-date...adding in end of August and September data soon. Please encourage me if this is interesting to you.

pellets_price_chart.png

The primary reason why I'm doing this is I want to give users to my site: https://www.mbioex.com/bids/new/wood-pellets an understanding of where prices are to help them bid well on delivered truckloads. If anyone would like to buy a truckload "delivered" at break-even prices, we can work together to try to find the best price for you. I would not take a fee myself, but if you write me, please just let me know you saw this in the hearth.forum as I trust the knowledge level of the users here. I would ensure that the quality meets or exceeds PFI premium levels and that everything goes ok with the shipment. Our service is like priceline...you can't choose the brand but you can choose the quality (basically, PFI premium quality level and above for now...it's hard to find other standard/utility pellets).

Once again, please let me know if you like the price charts and I will try to keep them coming!! Happy buying season everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.