Price of pipe nuts?!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MAD MARK

Feeling the Heat
Jan 31, 2016
Pittsburgh PA
Duravent triple wall cheapest I can find on Amazon is over $200 a stick. I know its not the best stuff, but its probably the most commonly used.
Amazing at the cost increase.

Pipe.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Shrewboy
I noticed that the prices were much lower than that about 2 months ago or so, it seems like it is going up and down with demand (closer to heating season makes price increase) probably a shortage.

I ended up paying about $450 more in total for my chimney and through the wall thimble that I bought in January last year, VS the prices I saw over the last few months

I would not say it is the most commonly used. Selkirk may have an edge on that one. Most pro installers do not install DuraPlus. That is more a big box special.
Metal costs are going up, but I would invest in the better quality DuraTech chimney pipe. This is infrastructure and when the cost is amortized over the 30-40 yr. lifespan of the chimney pipe, the additional cost worth it, imo.

Check out here for better pricing.

and I was thinking you were talking about some specialty nuts for pipes...

I would not say it is the most commonly used. Selkirk may have an edge on that one. Most pro installers do not install DuraPlus. That is more a big box special.
Metal costs are going up, but I would invest in the better quality DuraTech chimney pipe. This is infrastructure and when the cost is amortized over the 30-40 yr. lifespan of the chimney pipe, the additional cost worth it, imo.

Check out here for better pricing.
I agree we really don't see it often at all

Lol that’s why I clicked on it. I came to this thread expecting to learn all about pipe nuts...I feel cheated!

The price of everything has went crazy, don’t get me started on trucks or tractors.

Just did a duratech chimney install. Crazy expensive. The offset pipes are ridiculous.

Duravent triple wall cheapest I can find on Amazon is over $200 a stick. I know its not the best stuff, but its probably the most commonly used.
Amazing at the cost increase.

View attachment 281699
Make a run to Menards in Warren OH, or Triadelphia WV...Supervent by Selkirk.

From July 2021:
What do refrigerators, air conditioning units, and new cars have in common? They're all seeing prices spike as manufacturers grapple with a worsening shortage of a key component: steel.

Since March 2020, steel prices are up a staggering 215%. The benchmark price for hot-rolled steel hit another all-time high last week, climbing to $1,825. Prior to the pandemic, it traded in the $500 to $800 range.

What's going on? During the early months of the 2020 shutdowns, many steel mills shut off production in fear that we were headed into a deep recession—maybe even a depression. But that drop-off in demand didn't last long for iron ore. Early in the pandemic, stuck at home Americans rushed to spruce up their abodes. Soon, steel-heavy products like grills and refrigerators were in high demand. That quick rebound caught steel mills off-guard.

"What happened, which is similar to lumber, demand during COVID-19 was stronger than first anticipated because of switches in consumption patterns. Instead of paying for experiences and vacations, they were buying a new lawn mower, buying a new car, or white goods like appliances—which are steel intensive," Thorsten Schier, a metals expert at Fastmarkets, tells Fortune.