price per pd.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sgcsalsero

Feeling the Heat
Mar 15, 2006
ClevelandRocks
Quick question, is six cents per pound (pickup only) a decent price for mixture of hardwoods (8 months seasoned), seems pretty reasonable to me. Figure I'll just get enough to last another month, stuff I have left is way too green, Thanks

selling .06¢ per lbs on hardwood? I dont think i have heard of that before.

.06¢ a lb X 4000 lbs of hardwood ( around 1 cord oak ) = $240.00 a cord.

.06¢ a lb X 3200 lbs of softwood ( around 1 cord pine ) = $192.00 a cord

That should help ya out to figure the value of the wood being sold in your area.

The issue with .06¢ a lb selling firewood is if its not fully seasoned then YOU pay more. The less seasoned it is the more it weights the more you pay the less you get.

How are they going to weight the load to figure .06¢ a lb ? what are you picking the wood up with ? ( truck , trailer , ect.. )

Ohio law says that if it is sold by weight it has to be weighed on a state certified scale.

Getting up with a Chevy pickemup truck, state certified scale ehy ?? (I'll look for the cert. sticker they put on the gas pumps here)
. . way he told it I drive on de scale weighed empty and then back on weighed full . . told him I have a moisture meter and aiming to use it and he said bring it on (ok wasn't quite like that) . . if it's a total loss I'm out m-a-y-b-e $50 . . notta ventured notta gained ... Thanks I'm off to see what's up for dinner

Cord $$$ vary widely, closer to suburbia going to more expensive, I might venture more South in future (lot of Amish in OH) and see if there are deals to be had. My father in law paid $110 for a delivered ric, local guy here who sells to supermarkets charges $250 per cord, this guy I'm going to try out was referred from another forum member (thx shawn) and charges $160 plus tax (6%) plus delivery ($25) . . if it works out I'm going to list him on fuel price reports. I figure I need to come up with 4-5 cords this year, part of it paid for (as much as it pains me)

Status
Not open for further replies.