Profile 30 buring itself out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

DeHaught

Apr 2, 2019
I've had this stove for 15+ years. Over the course of time, I only had to change ther combustion blower once and ther control panel once. . until now. The stove had a lazy orange flame and would have to be shut down multiple times a day due to a full pot. Took the stove out, did a deep clean (it was really dirty) put out back in, it was worse. Smoke in the house and wouldn't light. Got a new combustion blower, started up great, only it seemed to blow the pellets out of the pot and would fault out. I just put on a new photo eye thinking maybe it wasn't detecting a flame. It lights great, finishes up the start up process, runs for about 30 minutes then burns itself out. The damper is almost completely closed and still burns the pellets up faster than the pellets feed (or blows them out of the pot). I'm at a loss. In the 15 years I've had the stove, it's never had this problem. I called the only local place that deals with pellet stoves and he doesnt work on stoves that old, so it's up to me to (try) to figure this thing out. Any suggestions?

Combustion blower same hp, amps and rpm as the old one?

Unless I'm missing something, yes. Both 3000 rpm, 115V, 60Hz. The only thing I can't seen to find is the amperage of the older one. It's not on the fan itself like the rest of the information. Could that amps be enough of a difference even if the rest is the same?

It could be, but most aftermarket blower motors are usually higher amperage and it moves more air because the motor doesn’t work as hard with the extra powe and the fan blads doesn’t restrict it as much. You may have to shut the damper even more to get a good flame

A good reference
0F197777-6EEE-4CF7-AD86-85E773E523CB.png