Progress Hybrid Bent Secondary Plate

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmiller165

Feb 3, 2013
Question for those with a Woodstock Progress Hybrid. I think I slightly bent the stainless secondary plate on the inside of the firebox near the back/center, plate with all the holes. Probably a little overzealous when loading it. There is a gasket there along the edge as well. Any need to fix this or leave it be?

Thanks,
Jeremy

I would give Woodstock a call and ask them about it Jeremy, If you notice it burning differently inside I"d let it go out.
Post us with there reply, info is always good.

Todd2

Imagine that... a stove with both catalytic and non-catalytic systems, and which one breaks first? ;hm

Imagine that... a stove with both catalytic and non-catalytic systems, and which one breaks first? ;hm
You seem to be ignoring the other posters that have already replaced their catalyst with less than one full season of burning.

You seem to be ignoring the other posters that have already replaced their catalyst with less than one full season of burning.

Not ignoring... just never saw them! Too many posts this time of year to read more than a few each day. Is there a problem with this design?

Question for those with a Woodstock Progress Hybrid. I think I slightly bent the stainless secondary plate on the inside of the firebox near the back/center, plate with all the holes. Probably a little overzealous when loading it. There is a gasket there along the edge as well. Any need to fix this or leave it be?

Thanks,
Jeremy
Jeremy, when you jammed the wood in against the secondary plate, can you see any disfigurement to the gasket at the stone/stainless steel seem ?

Todd2

Not ignoring... just never saw them! Too many posts this time of year to read more than a few each day. Is there a problem with this design?
I don't think there is a design problem. I just think there were some kinks that are being worked out and some guess work on both the owners and the company.

Woodstock is handling it well.

There are several kinks being worked out in the first year of the PH. That can be expected with a totally new design coming from a small shop. They are fine tuning the design and have been exceptionally good with their customer service on this stove.

Reactions: charly
Jeremy, when you jammed the wood in against the secondary plate, can you see any disfigurement to the gasket at the stone/stainless steel seem ?

Todd2

The gasket seems to be in place and fine so I am assuming I am good. I am going to let it burn out tonight to get a better look but I am betting it is only cosmetic. Thanks

There have been several kinks being worked out in the first year of the PH. That can be expected with a totally new design coming from a small shop. They are fine tuning the design and have been exceptionally good with their customer service on this stove.
How nice to just call over to Woodstock and bingo,,, someone's helping you out, never being put on hold...instant service...one thing I noticed,,, their stove parts are very reasonable,,, very! Who else would send out "Free" parts when an update has been made? All this while being a small company! I like it!

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Yeah, they're good folks. Reminds me of the original Vermont Castings spirit back in the late 70's.

The gasket seems to be in place and fine so I am assuming I am good. I am going to let it burn out tonight to get a better look but I am betting it is only cosmetic. Thanks

Regardless of how it is burning, get on the phone anyway and tell them what has happened. They need to know. 800-866-4344

Is this appearing as a small 'gap' near the bottom gasket in the center? Looks rather curved inward (i.e. as if pushed from the inside of stove toward the back where presumably the air comes from?

Is this appearing as a small 'gap' near the bottom gasket in the center? Looks rather curved inward (i.e. as if pushed from the inside of stove toward the back where presumably the air comes from?

That is what I am looking at. Is that the design of it?

That is what I am looking at. Is that the design of it?

I don't think so, but I recently noticed the same on mine and your message made me think about it. It doesn't seem to have harmed the burn for me, but if you do contact WS about it I'd be curious to know what they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.