Propane fittings?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rsplodge

Apr 28, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Hello: I have a new/used propane DV fireplace/stove at my cottage that I'm quite happy with. However, I need to move the propane tank further away (just due to ease of delivery/fill-up, etc.) I bought 30' of GasFlex which has 1/2" male NPT fittings on each end. What do I need to connect one end to a 100lb (or smaller) propane tank and the other end to my regulator? I presume the propane tank is a reverse thread POL (is that called a 3/4" POL?) The regulator that the GasFlex needs to connect to already has that style of POL tank connector on it (i.e. it would screw right into the tank). So basically I'm trying to move the regulator 30' away from the tank using the gasFlex hose I have. Can anyone tell me the fittings or even better point me to Amazon links. It's just with COVID, I can't go into any hardware stores right now in my area or get in person help

Thanks, ..Roger

Can you leave the regulator attached to the tank and extend the line downstream of the regulator. That's how I would do it

Can you leave the regulator attached to the tank and extend the line downstream of the regulator. That's how I would do it
I made a mistake it’s a 60ft length of GasFlex not 30ft which will wind around my cottage. I had just assumed from a pressure point of view that is better to put the regulator closer to the stove/fireplace as opposed to being some 70ft away, but maybe it doesn’t matter(?)
Roger

Well I'm not a gas plumber but I think as long as the pipe diameter is big enough it will work fine at low pressure. I have nat gas pipes all over my house at 1/4 psi which is the norm

ok thanks. The regulator puts out 11" WC so I guess that is 0.4 PSI. I have some specs on the GasFlex hose and will check it. Anyway I'll still need some fittings as the regulator output is 3/8" female NPT. Now I can't remember what fittings I used in that thing as it is currently installed with the propane tank much closer. Thanks for your input.