Propane Tanks in SW New Hampshire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds good for water storage but I wouldn't buy it for propane use. They might be out of date on the hydro test, then good luck getting it filled.

I paid half that for mine 5 or so years ago. Just thought someone might be looking for some (for boiler use) as they're harder to get now around here, I think.

Around here there's a place that sells them cheap. They have probably close to 100 various tanks at any given time. It's a company that services the bobtail trucks and tanks in people's yards. So when a tank is deemed "junk" it gets vented out and compressed air ran through it for set time to vent fumes. They also cut a hole in the side and ushally mess up the fittings so it can't be used as an air tank. then it goes in a pile with the others. And until scrap prices go up the pile grows and grows.

Here's the prices around here.

IMG_9498.jpg

Gates Salvage in Hardwick, VT has more 500 and 1000 gallon propane tanks then you could shake a stick at. They also had some monster tanks when I was there last. They sell for market scrap price/lb. No holes cut in them, no fittings boogered up.

Status
Not open for further replies.