Proud Econoburn Owner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

b33p3r

Feeling the Heat
Jan 29, 2008
NE Pa
I just would like to say thanks to everyone that gave me feed back, directly and indirectly, about OWB and gasification boilers . After sorting through the pros and cons of the different boilers available, I decided to buy a gasification boiler. Was ready to purchase an Eko when I found an Econoburn 150 for the right price. A gentleman on Ebay was selling 6 Brand New 150s priced to move so I grabbed one. I have a lot to do to get it tied in to my existing oil boiler, but after reading through this forum I feel confident I can get it done with no worries.
Again thanks to everyone.

Good for you....and now the fun begins!!

Hard to imagine right now, but come late September you may actually find yourself wanting a cold night to light a fire!

Congrats, I think you made a fine choice. You should be able to find out everything you need on this website to tie in the new boiler. Good Luck!

Good choice on the Econoburn. I bought one of the E-bay units last February. They consistently get good reviews here and 'wantstoburnwood' has been especially helpful in providing actual operating experience and support. Mine is sitting in the shed and will be installed in the next month or so. Keep us posted as to the install and fire up.

Earl

E.W.,
You're one up on me. I don't even have a shed built yet! Getting ready to pour a 10 yard driveway pad and then it's full steam ahead on the Shed and hookups.
I'd be interested to know how everyone has their boilers hooked up. I have an existing oil boiler that also supplies my DHW so I was thinking of a loop from the Econoburn to maintain the oil burner. To keep it simple to start, I figured I'd constantly run a circulator from the econoburn through a heat exchanger. Likewise the oil burner would constantly circulate through the exchanger. Not the best setup but water storage is not an option this year. I'm spent out.
I have to take a close look at my aquastat on the oil burner. I may have some control there that would allow me to cycle the circulator(s) as needed. We'll see.
If anyone has any control schemes that may fit the bill, I'd be interested in checking them out.
A little more detail on my heating system for my ranch home.
Basement: Radiant floor heat 90* temp
Main Floor: Hot Water Baseboard 1 zone for entire house
Main Floor: Recently installed Radiant floor between joists(Not tied in yet) will be running 150* temp. 2 separate zones is what I'm figuring.
Thoughts?

b33p3r said:
E.W.,
You're one up on me. I don't even have a shed built yet! Getting ready to pour a 10 yard driveway pad and then it's full steam ahead on the Shed and hookups.
I'd be interested to know how everyone has their boilers hooked up. I have an existing oil boiler that also supplies my DHW so I was thinking of a loop from the Econoburn to maintain the oil burner. To keep it simple to start, I figured I'd constantly run a circulator from the econoburn through a heat exchanger. Likewise the oil burner would constantly circulate through the exchanger. Not the best setup but water storage is not an option this year. I'm spent out.
I have to take a close look at my aquastat on the oil burner. I may have some control there that would allow me to cycle the circulator(s) as needed. We'll see.
If anyone has any control schemes that may fit the bill, I'd be interested in checking them out.
A little more detail on my heating system for my ranch home.
Basement: Radiant floor heat 90* temp
Main Floor: Hot Water Baseboard 1 zone for entire house
Main Floor: Recently installed Radiant floor between joists(Not tied in yet) will be running 150* temp. 2 separate zones is what I'm figuring.
Thoughts?
yea thought I would be further along myself...been working 60 hour weeks...thinking about paying someone to build me a pole barn!

I'm really happy that I have my boiler all installed, cleaned till next fall and my 2010-2011 wood in the basement. Earl when you get yours installed let me know . I would like toee your install sometime I,m over in your area

wantstoburnwood said:
I'm really happy that I have my boiler all installed, cleaned till next fall and my 2010-2011 wood in the basement. Earl when you get yours installed let me know . I would like toee your install sometime I,m over in your area

No problem. Hopefully in July so I will have time to break it in come cooler weather. I have 10 cords of cut and split hardwood waiting to be piled and 8 cords of 8 foot stuff waiting to be junked as well as have the framing wood for a 14' by 24' wood shed in the driveway. I won't be able to afford water storage this year but will have some Tees with shut off installed for future use.

Earl

Gee that should do you 3 years. Great to hear your project is coming online. let me know if you have any questions.

wantstoburnwood said:
Gee that should do you 3 years. Great to hear your project is coming online. let me know if you have any questions.

I'm sure I'll have some questions. Thanks.

Earl

Status
Not open for further replies.