PS40 won't start 2 long red blinks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dudastove

Jan 26, 2017
PA
I have a PS40 pellet stove that won't start. Immediately upon pressing the start switch, the ready light blinks red in two long blinks. There is no time for the ignitor to heat or auger to turn. After consulting the manual, a couple of possibilities are listed. To investigate these I did the following:

I made a small wire connector to temporarily bypass the over temperature snap switch. That didn't change anything. Still immediately upon pressing the start switch, the ready light blinks red in two long blinks.

I also temporarily bypassed the convection blower snap switch, and that didn't change anything either, but I did notice the blower is working.

The combustion blower is running too. I cleaned the inside thoroughly. I will clean the vent pipe tomorrow (too cold, dark, and windy outside rightnow).

I have read that a lot of people have trouble with the various switches, but since I bypassed them shouldn't it at least start working? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I thoroughly cleaned the vent pipe, not too much there. I checked the fuses. I bypassed the POF switch. Nothing worked.

When generally looking around, I noticed the red wire that goes to the auger motor was off. The wire itself was disconnected from the female plug/socket. I guess from many repetitions of movement of the motor it worked loose. I snipped off the end, put on a few connector, and it works fine now.

This problem wasn't listed at all in the manual with the two long blinking lights that were displayed. I guess it never hurts to look around...

Problem fixed! (knock on wood)

I have a PS40 pellet stove that won't start. Immediately upon pressing the start switch, the ready light blinks red in two long blinks. There is no time for the ignitor to heat or auger to turn. After consulting the manual, a couple of possibilities are listed. To investigate these I did the following:

I made a small wire connector to temporarily bypass the over temperature snap switch. That didn't change anything. Still immediately upon pressing the start switch, the ready light blinks red in two long blinks.

I also temporarily bypassed the convection blower snap switch, and that didn't change anything either, but I did notice the blower is working.

The combustion blower is running too. I cleaned the inside thoroughly. I will clean the vent pipe tomorrow (too cold, dark, and windy outside rightnow).

I have read that a lot of people have trouble with the various switches, but since I bypassed them shouldn't it at least start working? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.