Ps50 auger problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Daveps50

Mar 4, 2017
New Hampshire
I think my control box is not working to run the auger. Does anyone know how to troubleshoot the control box? The stove dumped a very large amount of pellets completely over flowing the burn box. Now the auger will not run. The ignitor is working fine. Thermostat is working fine. But the auger will not feed pellets. Checked the vacuum switch and that is working. I noticed a flashing blue light that flashes 4 times when it is turned on. Is this an error code? The box is a little pricey so I was looking for troubleshooting advice. Thank you

Welcome to the forum! Tried by-passing hopper lid switch, #2 and #3 snap discs? #3 is a manual reset - tried reset? Unplug stove before working on electrical so you don't short the board or hurt yourself. Some folks set up by-pass lines for testing ... appropriate gauge wire with male spade connectors on each end. Position connections so they do not generate a short. Stove is not meant to be run without safety features; by-pass is only meant for troubleshooting.

Checked to ensure there is no jam on the auger? Tested auger?

Keep us posted...

PS Page 25 of the manual references the blue light ... not sure if I would mess with the control box yet.
http://www.chauffage.qc.ca/fichiers/owner_manual___385___fichier.pdf

Last edited:
Hi Dave- the blinking blue light indicates the software level that is selected. That board is used in multiple stoves, 4 blinking lights for 1 minute after power is applied. Any amber lights coming on? That would indicate a bad thermocouple. If you can put power to the auger directly, that will see if the auger motor is ok. Snap disc 2 protects the auger motor, i'd check to make sure its not open, it normally is closed. The last thing is the control board, can you take it to your local dealer for testing in another stove?? We do that a lot where I work. Good luck with it. One last thing, are you getting a red call light indicating the thermostat is calling for heat?? If not, investigate the tstat wiring connections too.....