Pub 25 weird occurance, advice ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pellet rick

Minister of Fire
Nov 25, 2015
Pottstown PA.
ok, came home from work today and stove was running great on 7-7 heat and blower. Now let me tell you what I think I did. I pressed what I thought was the on button to just check on the settings. It was running great when I went upstairs. House started to cool off so I went back down stairs and it as completely shut down and cold with no codes but the burn pot was completely full and overflowing with pellets spilling into the side of the stove. I cleaned it out turned it on and no codes so I relit it and seems to be running great. I think I somehow hit the off button after work but why would it keep pushing pellets during the shutdown? I might add I did have recent troubles with the door glass leaking air but was fixed with a new deal. Should I be worried ?

The fire went out but your stove thought it was still lit. Perhaps your POF switch is dead or dying.

The fire went out but your stove thought it was still lit. Perhaps your POF switch is dead or dying.
That's what I'm not and was asking. It was running very hot for about 2 weeks now with no issue. Only shut it down to clean every weekend and it shut down fine until now. Anyway to check the pof

That's what I'm not and was asking. It was running very hot for about 2 weeks now with no issue. Only shut it down to clean every weekend and it shut down fine until now. Anyway to check the pof
Update it just did it again. Any ideas

Flame been weak? Wondering if there is a blockage or the combustion blower is clogged up.. Not getting enough air threw and the stove is dumping too much fuel in and snuffing the fire out..

Last edited:
Do you leaf blow?

Do you leaf blow?
That's what I'm thinking. Tall flame and choppy. I leaf blow the exhaust once a month but in the 2 years I've had the stove I have never taken the exhaust blower apart. Had it running on number 4 all night and ran great with very little ash. When I was having the issue the stove was turned up to number9 and I am running in C mode

Now the gasket will fall apart when you take the blower off I use red RTV sealant instead of the normal gasket and it works great
Thanks that's what I was thinking. One question is do I need remove the whole blower housing or just the blower?

Just the blower

A brush and a vacuum will do the trick also I use a 3ft long 1/2 inch clear hose I wrap a towel around it and stick it in the vacuum and it makes it easy to fish around in tight to reach places

A brush and a vacuum will do the trick also I use a 3ft long 1/2 inch clear hose I wrap a towel around it and stick it in the vacuum and it makes it easy to fish around in tight to reach places
Update. I cleaned the blower which was cruddy but open with no blockage. Also cleaned the stove while it was down. Restarted , and seems to be running good with no issues. Thanks for all the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.