Purchasing 3 point tractor box blade - need advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
View attachment 259690View attachment 259691View attachment 259692View attachment 259693View attachment 259694Finally got to play with the new boxblade, used it for leveling out an area in the back, I ripped out 2 tree stumps with the backhoe and then put the box blade on with the ripper set all the way down, tore the mounds that were formed around the bases of the old tree stumps, and then spread and leveled out the hill into one plane, leaving the about 8 - 10ft near the house flat, but also angling the hill towards the back yard for water drainage, so hopefully no water comes towards the house.
The I took the box blade and leveled out a new area of soon to be grass, horseshoe pit and garden area, took off about 5" of virgin soil, not to many rocks and was leveling it out again with a pitch towards the woods for drainage.
The 72" blade was the right size for my machine, with the weight of the tractor, front bucket and loaded rear tires the box blade isn't to big, I just keep the machine in 4x4 and low hst setting, as far as the craftsman ship of the blade it self, I'm really impressed, it took a few good shots with rocks but the hardened steel blades didn't bend, and im going slow anyway. The biggest thing to remember when using it, is to take small bites.
If I'm going into unknown soil I definitely keep the rakers down just in case there are large rocks hiding. Once I've been over an area a few times I lift the rakers and run the blade.