Puttin' her to the test

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

schortie

Nov 6, 2008
michigan
Tonight will be the first night with negative temperatures with the stove. It has been keeping us cozy through the coupla weeks of teens, and comfy through the single digits of the last few days - 75ish during the day and 65-67 in the morning. I'm anxious to see how it performs at these lower temps. With 2400 sq. ft. it's got a lot of work to do.

Schortie,

If my memory serves me right you have a VC Encore...like me. Well, I have 3100sqf & the encore just can not keep up. It has been cold here in the past week. Loading every 4-5 hrs with griddle temps at 500* & still the upstairs is too cold!

Ours is the Defiant nc - I'm planning out how to get every bit of the 3.4 cubic ft. of firebox filled with wood. I can imagine that the Encore isn't heating your 3000+. Long pants for the both of us tonight.

Sorry, I thought you had the encore. During time like this I wish I had the defiant. The encore is helping the furnace at he moment!

schortie, I hope you made it through the night okay. Our temperature was a bit higher this morning than it was when we went to bed. Looks like more snow on the way for us. Don't put that shovel away yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.