Q&A Putting Insert into Majestic Pre-fab fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I'm endeavoring to put a wood burning insert into my prefabricated zero-clearance fireplace. It is a "Majestic" that was probably put in when the house was built in the early 70's.
Question 1: Do you have a company contact (address or phone number) for Majestic? I'm trying to find out the model number of my unit.
Question 2: How can I tell if my chimney is a "Class A"? Question

Answer:

1. Majestic Products - See Web site link below - the model # can usually be found etched on a metal tag on the fireplace.
2. It is not--Chimneys for the pre-fab fireplaces are not tested to the same hi-temp codes as Class A.
<p>

Note, some inserts can be installed into pre-fab fireplaces such as this, but caution is advised. Shop for approved units and consider a relining of the chimney as per the manual for the unit you select.

Link: Majestic Web Site

Status
Not open for further replies.