Quad Castile Temperature question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peirhead

Feeling the Heat
Aug 8, 2008
PEI Canada
I am awaiting the arrival of a Castile and reading the owners manual in advance...I quote a small portion here from the section called Ignition Cycles "The convection blower will automatically turn on after your appliance has reached the set temperature on the “high” setting." Does this mean the convection fan only works when the stove is set on High?....will the stove not reach 125 Deg F in medium or low? If so this would appear to me to defeat the purpose of the convection blower....anyone have experience with this?

the stove has a set start up cycle once it goes through when that cycleis over it then runs on what you set it at the convection blower will work in all three settings

Excellent replies..I am glad to see there is good logic built into the controls...If I were designing this control system I would give it in a secondary thermostat across the Heat Output Switch to allow the stove to cycle high to medium (or low) instead of totally on and off...seems like a bit of a waste of electricity to run the ignitor every time the thermostat calls for heat...it should also give a more even heat as well....however I guess if they (Quad) thought this was a good idea they would have already done it!! Can't wait to actually get it installed.!!

I just fired mine up for the first time(INSIDE). Will take a little tweaking getting the rattles out, but other then that ,Its doing great. A couple more curse words than I thought doing the install, but all's well.

Status
Not open for further replies.