Quad E2 Owners Thread

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LGTWhit

Sep 19, 2014
Ma.
I know there are not too many E2 owners on here, but want to start a topic related to any issues, findings or questions regarding the stove after the exploding glass phenomenon and the new mother board. I did mention in another thread how the new MB has significantly decreased the heat output of the stove which in return may upset some of us as we purchased this stove with a max output of 55k BTU's off the showroom floor.

I was burning BBS Maine's Choice all of last winter and just finished the last bag from last seasons stock today and switched over to NEWP. I was a bit skeptical with the new board as the surface temp coming out of stove was generally 315 degrees with an infrared laser gun before the board replacement on setting A/F setting -2 and level 3 on heat output. After board replacement, temps dropped significantly down to 230's under same settings, but still kept house relatively warm at the end of the burn season. This season I started running on A/F +3 to run a bit more rich and heat setting 4 to muster up some extra heat with a little improvement in the 240 range. I was very worried for when the bitter cold hits, until I started using NEWP today. Took a few readings as stove was heating up and got into the 260's which is a nice improvement. Took another reading right in the middle of its thermostat cycle and got this
eeae698b20f4f3b1672a7f96af05210a.jpg
44fee725caa49cefccf7a898653845e1.jpg

Bottom line is, I feel much better about this winter now that pellet choice is making a huge impact on heat output thanks to NEWP. As a second year pellet stove owner, I now realize how important a quality pellet is especially with the computer changes done to the stove. Hopefully others will chime in here with more info as the winter is around the corner. Post up your temp readings, what settings you are running and pellet choice or any other findings or questions you have about the E2. Happy burning!

Status
Not open for further replies.