Quad help needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cudaroy

Hearth Supporter
Oct 3, 2008
Southern,NH
Hi all,
I am new to this forum but not to pellet stoves.
I recently picked up a used Quadra-fire classic 1000 and have a question. I have cleaned (I mean really cleaned) this unit as it was a mess! It initially would only run for about 10min before quitting so I got ahold of a owners manual and troubleshot the problem......it now works nonstop. Do any of you know if the feed auger runs continually on these units? It is a one speed only stove.I have the feed plate (no rod on this early model) all the way down to it’s lowest setting and the flame is great (not too large or small,great heat, etc.
This is my third stove, I also own a 3 speed Castile insert and a Harman P61A (my favorite) . Have any of you ever hooked up an adjustable electronic timer between the control box output to the auger motor to make it cycle on and off.
Are the newer control boxes compatible with the old style ones and finally can this one speed unit be converted to a 3 speed?
Any help would be great.

cudaroy said:
Hi all,
I am new to this forum but not to pellet stoves.
I recently picked up a used Quadra-fire classic 1000 and have a question. I have cleaned (I mean really cleaned) this unit as it was a mess! It initially would only run for about 10min before quitting so I got ahold of a owners manual and troubleshot the problem......it now works nonstop. Do any of you know if the feed auger runs continually on these units? It is a one speed only stove.I have the feed plate (no rod on this early model) all the way down to it’s lowest setting and the flame is great (not too large or small,great heat, etc.
This is my third stove, I also own a 3 speed Castile insert and a Harman P61A (my favorite) . Have any of you ever hooked up an adjustable electronic timer between the control box output to the auger motor to make it cycle on and off.
Are the newer control boxes compatible with the old style ones and finally can this one speed unit be converted to a 3 speed?
Any help would be great.

Yes, the feed motor runs constantly, one speed all the time. This unit was one of Quadra Fire's first pellet stoves, so it is a little simplistic in how it works.
No, the new control boxes are not compatible with it, and I think you are asking for problems if you try to put a timer to try to have the feed cycle.

Thanks Parrot Head. That makes me more comfortable knowing it is SUPPOSED to run constant. I couldn't find anything on whether or not it was supposed to cycle on and off............so I guess I will forget installing a timer....not needed.

Thanks Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.