Quadra CB1200 Insert vs Regency GFI55 (Enviro Meridian)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mike64b

Feb 13, 2021
bishop, ca
Hey all - I've got a 900 sqft place that I'm looking to install a pellet insert in. Local dealers I've talked to have recommended a classic bay 1200 insert and a regency Greenfire GFI 55 (same as the enviro meridian insert I believe)..Both of these are small enough to fit my existing setup.

So - does anyone have opinions on these? Really the biggest thing for me comes down to whatever is easiest to use (and that includes required cleaning, so whatever is easiest to clean might win). I was initially leaning toward the CB1200 but I saw a lot of surprisingly bad reviews so now I'm kinda undecided. Of course - if you have another option you think I should consider I'm all ears.

Thanks!

Harman P35i. Has optional slide out track system for easier cleaning/maintenance.

Harman P35i. Has optional slide out track system for easier cleaning/maintenance.

That's a good point - however I should've mentioned my existing zero clearance fireplace is just a bit too small for the P35i it looks like. I know for a fact the cb1200 just makes it tho.

That's a good point - however I should've mentioned my existing zero clearance fireplace is just a bit too small for the P35i it looks like. I know for a fact the cb1200 just makes it tho.
That limits your choices
Find out which units fit from other company's
then take the one you like

That limits your choices
Find out which units fit from other company's
then take the one you like

Sure but the point of me asking here was to get opinions on two stoves that I've verified would fit... Reviews are all over the place so its pretty hard to discern what to do.

I never look at the top reviews most have had their stoves less than a week
The poor reviews hold what is really happening
If you read between the lines most people with problems
have no idea how the stove works they were basically told easy pezee
plug and play now the stove is very dirty and does not work
they were never taught how to clean and when
After 15 years of helping people with Enviro stoves, I would bet
75 % of the repair work was cleaning, oiling and adjustments, and a
very large dollop of teaching. 99% of high-end stoves work well for
their intended purpose with the proper maintenance. Buy a good stove
the 2 you mentioned are just that
Just my 2 cents worth treat it well and it will keep you warm

Both stoves you mention are proven heaters. The 1200CB is simple and reliable, auto light if you want, easy to clean with huge ashpan.
Very reliable unit, spare parts won't kill you with cost. One thing tho, If its the GFire from Regency, can you get the Enviro Meridian?
It'll be a little less than the Regency model, Enviro makes it for Regency. Between the two, I'm an Enviro guy, but my (free to me) Castille from Quadrafire has been great too. I prefer Enviro, but their parts and availability are probably a bit harder. Either unit good choice.