Quadra Fire 1200 burn pot bottom gap and lose

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jayu

Jan 15, 2009
North Central Maryland
I am having problems with my QF 1200 not lignting consistently. I smelled paint burning one day and found burning pellets where dropping into the ash pan. Checking the the burn pot bottom i found a gap where the door met the pot bottom and the door was lose. The door closes all the way but lose enough to leave a gap. Is there a screw or nut that may have losen holding the pot door? Do i need to remove the pot to get to it is so? It appears at start up some of the pellets fall through the gap causing the fire not toget hot enough to go into normal run mode. It will start if i hit the reset button and more pellets drop.

On the underside of your burn pot, there should be a bolt that holds the door onto the bottom of it. This needs to be adjusted so there is a gap about the thickness of a dime between the door and the burn pot. My guess is the nut on the bolt worked itself loose and needs to be tightened.

There is a big spring that pushes the bottom of the burnpot shut. Remove the panel just below the fire door and check the spring for proper operation.
You can also see the bolt that holds the bottom of the burn pot on, on the right side of the picture below.

86387D4D-4AF5-4A32-A165-E95ECEE94B6C.jpeg

There is a big spring that pushes the bottom of the burnpot shut. Remove the panel just below the fire door and check the spring for proper operation.
You can also see the bolt that holds the bottom of the burn pot on, on the right side of the picture below.

View attachment 311206
So that's how you get access to the leaver. I Never saw that before. Indeed it appears the bolt needs to be tighten. There are lots of pellets and ash in there also. Thanks for the help!