Quadra fire 1200i problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

runamuc2003

Nov 18, 2020
Boston ma
Hi, my pellet stove quadra fire 1200i will only drop pellets after I press the reset button. The red light comes on, the out heats up and the blower kicks in but it will not fed pellets until I press the reset button. Any helpful information would be much appreciated, thanks!

Make sure your thermocouple is touching the end of the cover and it is over the edge of the burn pot at least 1 inch

Was it an OEM or aftermarket? Some aftermarket had the wires reversed, try reversing the wires at the mount screws and see if the helps

Time for a through cleaning. All passages from pot to rain cap. Pull combustion blower and clean it too. Pull hose off vac switch and make sure it is clean.

Reactions: johneh
Thank you, the vacuum hose was blocked. Man that's a tough piece to get out lol. So now my pellets are dropping as soon as I turn on the thermostat which is great but it's still not lighting first time. I'm thinking I need to remove the pot and give it a good cleaning between there and the vent pipe which I'm going to do tonight unless there's something else you think I need to do? Thanks very much for your time on this, very much appreciated!

Just make sure all openings in the burn pot itself are clear including the igniter hole

Don't feel like I cleaned out too much more last night then I'd already done but the stove is working like a champ today so maybe I'll get some sleep tonight lol thanks for your input

Nice !! :cool: