Quadra Fire 2100 air control stuck

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jdon88

Sep 23, 2023
PA
I bought a cabin that came with a Quadra Fire 2100 Millennium ACT. I just had my first fire in it 2 nights ago and it worked fine, I followed the manual instructions and closed the Start-up air control rod after about 15 minutes. The next night I went to start another fire and the Start-up rod would not go in, it is stuck in place. I still lit a fire, it just took longer to get going. Any ideas how to fix it?

The control timer may be getting rusted, especially if it gets damp in the cabin. I'm not sure about accessing it on the 2100. It may take disconnecting the stove if there is no access panel on the pedestal. Once exposed, pull the cover and spray liberally with silicone spray while working the control until it loosens up.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't see anything in the manual about a control timer. The next time I go to the cabin I'll look to see if
there is an access panel and hopefully see how the control rod operates and try to clean/lube the connections.

The manual unfortunately does not tell how to service the ACT timer. I think it is considered a dealer service item. The ACT has a 15 minute timer that will automatically close the startup air once it is pushed in to engage. If it is stuck in the closed position and it doesn't open to supply the start up air ports at the back of the firebox, then the stove is ok to run with just the primary air control. If the ACT is stuck in the open position then there is a possibility of a too hot fire that could overfire the stove.