Quadra-Fire 4300 ACT Millennium - air manifold tube issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotts

Nov 17, 2015
Idaho
Hi folks,
I'm new to this forum and have owned a Quadra-Fire 4300 ACT step top Millennium stove for about 7 years. Love the stove! Recently I bumped an air tube (there are four of them in the upper inside of the stove with holes that deliver air to the fire) that holds the insulation up and the tube fell out! I put it back in (it inserts into each side of the stove in the upper inside. It doesn't seem to have anything holding it in place except just sitting there in the holes. After looking at it and looking at my parts list it appears that maybe there are some set screws that are supposed to hold these tubes in place, but this one has none - at least none that are visible to me. the tube appears intact and fine although looking at the parts list it appears that they come in a set of four. can anyone help me figure out what I need to fix or replace to keep this tube from falling out into the fire? I love the stove and would like to continue using it. Thanks!

The manual shows secondary tube retainer bolts (allen head) in the instructions for baffle removal. Check to make sure these are still there.
Screen Shot 2015-11-17 at 10.25.26 AM.png

It may have fallen out into the ashes at some point. Should be an easy fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.