Quadra Fire AE Low hopper Icon on thermostat. Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Truels2

Feb 22, 2021
GoodMorning!

I own a Quadra fire Mt vernon AE insert. Yesterday i started getting the Low hopper icon on the thermostat even though the hopper is full. I read a post on here back from 2013 that suggested moving the sensor that is secured to the left side of the hopper. I did this and it goes away but then comes back. So im thinking i have a bad sensor. My question is do i need to replace this for the pellet stove to operate correctly ? It seems to still be feeding pellets without an issue. Im just trying to avoid spending $150 on the sensor if all it does is let me know when my hopper is empty which i check multiple times a day. Thanks in advance!