Quadra-Fire Cab50

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Timelord

Oct 5, 2021
Canada
Hi everyone. Brand new to the forum, and to woodstoves in general.

I am in the process of pricing out a new install for a pellet stove. Dealer is pointing me towards a Quada-Fire CAB50, as it will fit nicely in my corner. My question is, is this a decent stove? I cannot find reviews for the QuadraFire CAB50, but tons of reviews for other brands that are CAB50. I am guessing CAB50 is a style?

They are quoting around $3100 CAD just for the stove. Does this sound correct?

Any help would be appreciated.

The CAB 50 used to be sold under the Heatilator name, The same co. ( Hearth and Home Tech. )owns heatilator and quadra fire so they are the same stove but the co. must be downsizing and doing away with the Heatilator brand and moved the stoves under the quadra fire name, Yes it's a good stove, not sure about Canadian pricing though

Last edited:
Canada is a big country for pricing need to know where in the great white north you are
and the Cab 50 is a pretty good stove

Reactions: Washed-Up
The CAB 50 used to be sold under the Heatilator name, The same co. ( Hearth and Home Tech. )owns heatilator and quadra fire so they are the same stove but the co. must be downsizing and doing away with the Heatilator brand and moved the stoves under the quadra fire name, Yes it's a good stove, not sure about Canadian pricing though
Thank you for the detailed response! Really helps a noobie like myself.

We are as far east as you can go without getting wet! Nova Scotia
Wellcome Blue Noser
The price he gave you, all in, is well within the Canadian average
and better than a dealer I know here
Lived in Kentville when I was a young lad. Father posted to CFB Aldershot