Quadra Fire Castille with WiFi thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Shandaken Sam

Sep 3, 2021
Shandaken, NY
Checking through Google, I saw that there have been a few old threads about this with no clear answer. I just want to tell you that it can be done. I have my QF Castille hooked up to a Honeywell WiFi thermostat and it's been working very well for over five years. I had to get a transformer for the power lines to the thermostat and run a wire to the transformer, but it really wasn't that much trouble. Before I got the WiFi thermostat, I had a programmable one that I powered with the back up battery. The battery lasted for years before it needed to be changed. If you can find a WiFi thermostat with a battery backup, this is a piece of cake to do.

I used the standard wiring for power wires and for the wires to the stove. I just want to let you all know that this can be done, and it's been working fine for a long time.