Quadra Fire CB1200 - air intake location?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Amin1992

Feeling the Heat
Oct 9, 2019
PA, USA
Hey guys, anyone out there with the Quadra Fire Classic Bay 1200 model?

I noticed today that at the top of the glass, I can hear the air ventilation sucking in and feel air going into the stove.

Is this normal? Is this where fresh air is brought in? Or is something wrong?

I can snap a photo later.

Thanks guys

Fresh air intake use to be under the stove. There was a hole on the inside of one of the side doors on the base plate. Might be different now but it was like that when I owned a classic bay

Thanks for this. Makes me think I'm definitely not supposed to have air coming through the top of the glass...

Here are some photos of where I'm talking about.

This is looking up, from the inside, st the gap between the glass and door. I believe there is supposed to be rope there but I don't see any...

Just confirmed by blowing through that air is coming through the seam.

I'm wondering if I can fill this gap with high temp caulk instead of fully removing the glass to re-rope?

Attachments

• 20200824_212100.jpg
    20200824_212100.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 227
  • 20200824_212055.jpg
    20200824_212055.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 160
Did some digging and found the answer on this forum actually!

Apparently Quadra Fire has something called an "air wash" system - the gap there is on purpose and sucks in air to "wash" the glass with fresh air and keep it cleaner.

Going to stick with it. Thanks everyone.