Quadra-Fire Classic Bay 1200i Convection Blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

2BoysMD

Dec 1, 2018
Maryland
I have a Quadra-Fire Classic Bay 1200i Pellet Stove with a remote programmable thermostat. The stove starts and burns fine, but it seems like it takes too long before the convection blower turns on and then it turns on and off while the stove is still running but the room is not up to temperature according to the thermostat.

I don't believe this is normal as I don't remember it doing this in past years. Any suggestions on what I should check?

Sounds like the #1 snap disc might be going out. Easy enough to test. Jump the wires together that go to the snap disc. Be careful as there is power to it all the time. And make sure not the ground it out on the stove or you will toast the control board. If you jump the wires, the conv. fan should run nonstop. That will tell yo if the snap disc needs to be replaced. I make jumper wires with spade conn. on the ends so I can just put em together and they don't come apart. Also, if you are running on low, it could cause this issue too. kap

Sorry to jump on your thread but I also have an issue with my 1200i classic bay convection blower. Did you end up figuring out your problem? I replaced my snap disc 1 and also my convection blower and I still can’t get the blower to turn on. My stove functions normally besides that... when I jump Snap disk 1 the fan doesn’t turn on either. Any ideas??? Control panel??? I just don’t want to keep throwing money at this thing

Try bench testing the blower, to see if it runs. If it does, test for power at wires that go to #1 snap disc. If no power, bad control box. kap

Even if it is new, I would bench test it to make sure. I would also bench test the old one, as you may have a spare now. Just make a test cord our of an old ext cord or lamp cord. Put spade connectors on it, so you can plug it into the wire harness. Works on other motors to. You also need to check wire for power. Control boxes are not cheap, so you want to make sure. kap

Even if it is new, I would bench test it to make sure. I would also bench test the old one, as you may have a spare now. Just make a test cord our of an old ext cord or lamp cord. Put spade connectors on it, so you can plug it into the wire harness. Works on other motors to. You also need to check wire for power. Control boxes are not cheap, so you want to make sure. kap
Thanks again, I really appreciate it!