Quadra Fire clean out plate loose

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Amin1992

Feeling the Heat
Oct 9, 2019
PA, USA
Hey guys. The clean out plate on my Quadra Fire Classic Bay 1200 seems to be loose. I can open and close it but it is hanging open and allows pellets to fall through, and also hams jams up.

Any idea on how to fix this?

Here's a photo from below through the access panel. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20200824_235120.jpg
    20200824_235120.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 147
Hey Daksy, thanks for the response.

I ended up fixing this. First off, the lower plate's hinge bolt was missing a nut on the other side, in the ash pan... so the plate was kind of loose, though that wasn't my main issue! I found a matching bolt in my tool box, and a washer, and installed that.

Then I tried to squeeze my hands into there and tighten up the bolt/nut that holds the main clean out plate (top plate). Ended up making it too tight LOL and loosened it back up. Put some thread locker blue on there as well to hopefully hold this. I then used silicone spray to lubricate the moving pieces and rod assembly. Moves perfectly now, and plates are pretty tight. Fire was much easier to get going this time around.

Thanks

Yes, I read that online earlier. Where does everyone get that measurement? I got it pretty close I'd say!

It's just a general guideline. It allows for the bottom plate to be opened to drop out the ash, especially if you have a little build up on the top of the plate. And it still allows the proper airflow to ignite the pellets and burn properly.