Quadra Fire Hudson Bay NG

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I'm having the exact issue with my Hudson Bay. Initially thought it was my pilot assembly and reinstalled a new one, same issue. Tore stove apart and gave a good cleaning including the burner, same issue.

I was able to maintain flame after leaving the bottom of the door open so fresh combustion air could enter. Flame established and after burning for a couple minutes I was able to lock the front access door and stove stayed lit.

Stove has been installed for over 7 years with no issues prior to this season. No change or adjustments have been made to vent piping which uses the chimney.

Based on the posts above, am I correct in saying combustion air comes in through the vent piping? I would have assumed combustion air was from the front vents above front glass.

Until I fix this problem I won't be able to use my remote thermostat.