Quadra-Fire Mt Vernon Pellet Insert and Issue with the TC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Force58

Dec 25, 2016
Stafford, Va
Hi all. This is a 2018 model that had been working great up until the last year or so. The current issue involves the Bad TC Firepot error and me cleaning the stove. The last 2 times I've cleaned the stove I've gotten the error and no matter what I do the stove will not start. That is until I removed the TC cover (the white ceramic piece) and cleaned it up really good and sanded the film (I guess that's what you call it) off of it with sandpaper. Pulling the power plug on the stove didn't do it but cleaning the TC itself did, both times. Is this just a coincidence or do you think there's something else wrong? This particular TC is less than 10 months old. It doesn't look cracked or broken in any way. I'm going to order yet another replacement but this just doesn't seen right to me.

The tc has to be touching the inside end of the cover, for it to register the heat right. And if there are any cracks in the coating on the wires, it could cause the tc to react. kap