Quadra-Fire Santa Fe and Honeywell CT87K1004

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mk23169

Dec 8, 2020
NY
I tried replacing my broken Lux thermostat today with this simple CT87K1004 and the pellet stove just clicks repeatedly when there is no call for heat. Are these two not compatible?

The stove works perfectly when I jump the R and W wires together manually.

Thanks!
Mike

Any 12 volt ac tstat will work with this stove. From the sounds of it, you may have a bad spot in the tstat wire. Try cutting some off each end and see how it does. And it could be a bad tstat too. Just cause it is new, doesn't mean it is good. kap

Reactions: SidecarFlip
Any 12 volt ac tstat will work with this stove. From the sounds of it, you may have a bad spot in the tstat wire. Try cutting some off each end and see how it does. And it could be a bad tstat too. Just cause it is new, doesn't mean it is good. kap
I see you are still on this side of the dirt..... Nice to see you Kap...

Reactions: kappel15

I ended up getting another simple mechanical Lux and it works fine. I knew it wasn't the wires because when you jump them it worked fine.

My guess is the tsat was DOA as well!

Thanks

Been my experience, the fancier the T'stat is with a biomass stove, the more touch it is. I use a cheap 10 buck no frills t'stat and have for years. Digital, 2 AAA batteries, nothing fancy. It was less than 10 bucks.

You said a mouthfull there. Aren't they all made in China now and probably not a quality build anyway. I'm on my second basic digital, first one was indicating 7 degrees cold all the time. Went to the landfill. I figured for 10 buck, just get another. Second one agreed with the temp probe on my Fluke.