Quadra-Fire Trekker vs. Harman Accentra 52i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dingoace10

Mar 11, 2021
Boston
Hello all,
Going to be buying either the Trekker or the Accentra, but was hoping to get a little more info from some owners/experts here. I like the look of both of them and the price is pretty close (Trekker is cheaper by $400).
I like the temp control for both (touchpad on the 52i and bluetooth thermostat for the Trekker)

The Trekker has a better HHV and LHV by around 4%. Does this make much of a difference?
The hopper is larger by 12lbs on the 52i. Does that make much of a difference?
The Trekker has a little better BTU output (51,000/hour)

Our house is around 3500 sqft and the first floor (where the insert will be) is pretty long. The insert will be on one side (not in the middle), so not sure the heat will travel to the opposite side. Does one of these have a better fan?

The fireplace openning is 40w x 30h. We were hoping not to get an extended surround for either of them. From the dimensions on the website, it looks like we should be ok without that extra surround.

Any other input would be greatly appreciated! And if there are any other inserts out there that I am missing that would work for us, feel free to let me know.
Thanks very much in advance!

Just a correction your numbers. Heating appliances are
rated by BTU INPUT.
You need to multiply that number by the efficiency to
get the BTU OUTPUT.

Reactions: Ssyko
Our house is around 3500 sqft and the first floor (where the insert will be) is pretty long. The insert will be on one side (not in the middle), so not sure the heat will travel to the opposite side. Does one of these have a better fan?
A pellet stove is a space heater. if that 3500 sq ft is an open space and your home is well insulated
with good windows and no drafts, the stove may keep it warm. myself for that size of space would want more BTUs

Hello all,
Going to be buying either the Trekker or the Accentra, but was hoping to get a little more info from some owners/experts here. I like the look of both of them and the price is pretty close (Trekker is cheaper by $400).
I like the temp control for both (touchpad on the 52i and bluetooth thermostat for the Trekker)

The Trekker has a better HHV and LHV by around 4%. Does this make much of a difference?
The hopper is larger by 12lbs on the 52i. Does that make much of a difference?
The Trekker has a little better BTU output (51,000/hour)

The fireplace openning is 40w x 30h. We were hoping not to get an extended surround for either of them. From the dimensions on the website, it looks like we should be ok without that extra surround.

Any other input would be greatly appreciated! And if there are any other inserts out there that I am missing that would work for us, feel free to let me know.
Thanks very much in advance!

which one did you go with? I'm in the same boat looking at the Harmon vs. the Quadrafire at the moment. I'm told the new Trekkers no longer use Bluetooth but rather a wired remote because of all of the Bluetooth issues.