QuadraFire 1200i inset

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jordan69s

Jan 10, 2008
HUdson Valley NY
Greetings everyone,

I installed a Quadrafire 1200i about a month ago with a new liner kit up the chimney. This unit comes with an external thermostat. I got a message that the pellet stove have ashes coming out of the stove, and it goes into shutdown. Are there error codes on the thermostat I can ask for? Any suggestions into troubleshooting?

Thank you very much,

Jordan

Need more info. Usually that style stove doesn't have any error codes. Sure you don't have a Mt. Vernon AE? kap

Need more info. Usually that style stove doesn't have any error codes. Sure you don't have a Mt. Vernon AE? kap
Thanks for your reply! I use a Mount Vernon at home, and so I am used to just read the error code and figured what is wrong. The pellet stove in question is a 1200i, so I was hoping they were as smart as the Mt vernon. I was wondering if you guys could figure what I can look for for the symptoms of the 1200i

So someone verbally told you there is ash coming out of stove? What area? And when you ran this up the chimney, did you calculate the amount of length to determine whether you needed 3 or 4" vent pipe? And did you run all the way to the top, or put a barrier at bottom? Look in a quad owners manual for installation options to see if that helps. With stove shutting down, only thing I can think of with your explanation is a vac issue with exhaust. Is the ashpan in correctly?
kap

Has it ever been cleaned since the install?